Award Winning in Academics and Band
July 26, 2012 - December 26
Reasons for being in band:
1. Your child will learn valuable team building skills, dedication and responsibility while having fun in the learning process.
2. When you enter 9th grade band (CHS 9th) you can earn a 1/2 PE credit in the Fall and a 1/2 Fine Arts credit in the Spring.
3. Middle School Fine Arts requirement starting in 2011. House Bill 3
4. High School students will get six electives under the new House Bill 3 Crowley I.S.D. grad requirements
5. Scholarship opportunities for playing in band at some colleges even if you are not majoring music.
6. The Band Directors are "Awesome". The bands are award winning due to the expertise of the band directors.
Awards among the band directors include:
--Sweepstake bands at UIL Marching contest and UIL Concert/Sightreading Competitions
--Outstanding bands at various festivals --Best in class bands at various festivals
--Texas Music Educators Association "All-state Students"
--Outstanding soloist at the Texas State Solo and Ensemble levels.
--Students have been and are currently members of the Fort Worth Youth Orchestra.
--Students earn positions in the Tri-M Music Honor Society.
In "Academics" the Mighty Eagle Band students:
--- Currently and in the past 23 years Mighty Eagle Band members have often earned Valedictorian and Salutatorian positions in their graduating class.
---National Merit Scholarship Semi Finalist and Finalist ---Members of the National Honor Society
---"A" Honor Roll students
---"A/B" Honor Roll Students
Professional organizations that the band staff are members of include:
Texas Music Educators Association
National Flute Association
Texas Flute Society
Texas Band Masters Association
Percussive Arts Society
International Trumpet Guild
Solo/Ensemble Festival at Wedgwood 6th Grade Center
---For all beginner and 8th grade band students who pass all of their classes MP5
---School transportation provided
---Schedule to be announced
---We will need parents and guardians to help us on this day.
***Students must pass all of their classes for MP5 in order to be eligible for this competition*****